Thursday, July 6, 2017

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I've been having a craving. I know, excluding pregnant women how often do you get a craving that is specific like "Oatmeal Raisin Cookies."  Usually they are things like "chocolate" or "ice cream" or heck even the general "cookies."  Regardless, I've been craving oatmeal raisin cookies and at the same time I've been trying to be good about not eating things with "sugar" or artificial sweeteners.  What's a girl to do?


Well, I found a recipe for my specific craving that replaced sugar with ripe bananas.   The reviews were pretty good.  Some people made suggestions to add nuts or peanut butter.  Anyway I gave them a try.  They smelled fantastic but I admit that I don't recall if the cookies are supposed to spread a little when baking, like chocolate chip cookies.  Here's what I learned.... they taste "OK".  Seriously, if this was a Goodreads review they'd get 2 out of 5 stars.  They are edible, not horrible.  A little "dusty".  Yes, seriously that is a good adjective for them... dusty.  Maybe they needed something else to add a bit more moisture or chewiness or something.  They are definitely missing something.  So next time I'm thinking of substituting bananas for sugar I'll just make banana bread.  That or I'll make the oatmeal raison cookies like they were intended to be made (with sugar) and just run a couple extra miles.  In the meantime I'm going to eat my dusty cookies and enjoy them.. kind of.

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2017, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment