Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 20. 2015 - Photo A Day Challenge: Sugary

Well since I did not run into any cotton candy vendors today this will have to do for today's theme:

Fudge Filled Peanut Butter Bars:




Considering I made them, it's an extremely easy recipe:

Ingredients:
1 Yellow cake mix
1C peanut Butter
1/3C Margarine or Butter melted
2 eggs

Combine the above by hand in large bowl.  After it's mixed take 2/3 or the mixture and press it into a 9x13" pan

Filling
1C chocolate chips
1 can condensed milk
2T Margarine or Butter

cook the filling in a sauce pan until chocolate is melted and the ingredients are combined, let cool a minute then pour over the 2/3 cake mix.

Crumble the remaining 1/3 mix and spread over the filling. (Mom taught me to take pieces of the mix andflatten in my hands and place over the filling letting some of the filling show through)

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 mins

I have no idea where it originated but my Mom gave it to me.  Oh and btw, you can freeze these they are almost more fun to eat frozen, but that could just be me.

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2015, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment