Thursday, October 23, 2014

October 23, 2014 - Update

I admit it has been a long while since I posted anything at all on this site.  Even after making a pledge to try and do better.  Well you know how things are life gets in the way and it's hard to carve out time to sit down and jot what's going on in this weird mind of mine.  So where to start:

The new house

We've finished the window project.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the house project.  We bought a house near the water and shortly after moving in discovered that we needed to replace 28 windows because when it rained they would leak into the walls.  Not a happy thing.  So I spent the summer with a lovely contractor and his helper overseeing the replacement of the windows.  Here's a sample of what that looked like.



I learned a great deal through this process, that and I dusted off my less than stellar painting skills because, of course, the window replacement resulted in the clapboard around those areas to be replaced.  Hence once the windows were replaced the painting had to begin.  On that note the painter and I agreed to use me as a feeble apprentice, so I painted the lower sections of the exterior and he did most of the upper, shall we saw scary 2nd floor level.
Now all I have left (of the window project) is to finish painting the interior trim in the office and guest bedrooms so I can put up the blinds.  I'm crossing my fingers that I have that completed by next week.

BTW that is Steve the contractor, doing an excellent job

Other things

I took a photography course this summer.  It was a way to get a better handle of the workings of my camera.  I've decided that I am going to start playing more, and then if I get really addicted I'll consider a different camera, but for now this one is great.  That and I need to really get a handle on Photoshop.  There are things in my head that I want to get out on film if at all possible.

Mice


Not the computer kind, although I would certainly prefer that to the kind that I am currently catching.  If they could only read the sign that I have posted on the door to the utility room.  "Within Lies Death, Enter At Your Own Risk."  Maybe it's too subtle and I need to just put up a poster of one of their mouse brethren caught in the nasty mouse trap.  It's not like I enjoy killing them.  In fact I don't like it at all and I especially don't enjoy having to "re-bait" the traps afterward.  *shudder*  However, what I like even less is having mice loose in the house.  Seriously go to Florida and visit your god Mickey.  Don't try and camp here for the winter.


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2014, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I found that peanut butter worked best when we had a night visitor a couple years back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't of anything else to use except peanut butter. I don't want to use poison because of the dogs

      Delete