Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17, 2013 – That Time Again


I know I have been terrible about my blogging and I am hoping to be better/more consistent in the future,  Honestly I miss it and I have things on my mind.  Tonight those things verge on the TMI side of things but what the heck it’s never stopped me before.

So once again I found myself needing to replenish my feminine products.  Considering I am still not so patiently waiting for menopause to kick in I don’t see an end to these purchase in the near future, but that is another story.  Needless to say I have a favorite brand of tampon.  I do, and it simply could be because it’s what I have always used and a case of “it ain’t broke so why fix it.”   Although I haven’t found a need to “fix” it, it seems Playtex has found a need to make what I can only describe as a weirdly disturbing marketing change:  They have added inspirational phrases to the wrappers.  Seriously, they’ve become the fortune cookie of tampons.  I don’t know whose idea this was and it won’t make me stop buying them, but seriously folks, I do not need my tampon cheering me on with:  “You can do it” “Achieve your dreams” “Keep doing what you do best”

Ok listen, the only messages I need on my tampons are things like “Don’t maim anyone today.”  “Just breath” or “Count to 100 before screaming”

Better yet, with every tampon give me a coupon for Ben & Jerry's ice cream.  That's inspiration I could use.

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments: