Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19, 2013 - Running Fail *sigh*

Week 3 Day 2 of my 5K to 10K training intervals, to put it bluntly, sucked.  I felt pretty good on the 1st 18 minute interval. Started the 2nd and fell apart.  Sure no body parts actually fell off my body although there were moments when I wished that my legs would.  I mentally collapsed and my legs felt like lead.  Then I started counting “1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4.”   Do you know how much that sucks and it doesn’t do anything to make the interval go any better.  In fact it makes it more difficult.  Maybe if I could get past the number “4” it would be easier.  Oh and sure I could start chanting like they do in the army (or at least on TV) but I have no doubt some passerby would call the cops saying some looney woman is running don the street flailing and yelling to herself.

So that is the long winded way of saying I walked as much of the 2nd and 3rd intervals as I ran.  I guess I could consider it a win that I attempted and that I kept trying to run the last 2 damn intervals but now I feel the need to redo stupid day 2.  Ugh




Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to keep on truckin, Cab!

    Not every day is awesome, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have been wearing my running sucks T-shirt

      Delete