Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 - Knock Knock.. Whose There? ME

Step one: start over….

 

I joined a new gym over the weekend and connected with the same trainer that L is using.  Or rather I should say, I connected with the trainer, liked her and decided to join the gym as well.

 

Today was my 1st workout with her and she killed me, in a good way, but it was definitely a good workout.  I got there a ½ hour early and ran on the treadmill.  I managed to run a mile at a 10 min pace and then switched to running and walking.  So now I have some goals:

Run 3 miles on the treadmill at a 10 min pace before walking.

Drop enough weight so my pants fit comfortably and I feel good

Put on enough muscle mass so I can do unassisted pull-ups again.  (Which is contingent on the drop weight goal)

 

Step 2:  Repeat

Well repeat the working out part not the starting over part.  I feel good, mentally and emotionally and I need to just remind myself that when I work out that is a byproduct.  It also helps that I have scheduled appointments through July :D

 

So other than the above goals I have a couple others:

I want to run in a couple more 5K races, then I want to run a 10K, and finally I am seriously thinking of trying to run a ½ marathon and along those lines I am thinking of trying to arrange it so that I run the one in Zurich that I failed to run last year, but if I can manage that one I will find another.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment