Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013 - It’s a Thing

It’s not that I don’t like hugs, I do, but there are criteria.  I need to know you, I need to be comfortable with you, and I need to consider you a friend: preferably a good friend.  So yesterday my neighbor came over and we let the dogs play for awhile.  Which was great but it took a weird turn at the end because she was so over the top happy that the dogs were playing she said “Give me a hug.”  

I’m not sure that I managed to hide the twitch or the cringe on my face, but she certainly chose to ignore the signs.  I’m not entirely sure how I managed to stop my inside voice which was shouting… “Um, no I’d really prefer not to thank you.”  We’re neighbors and I didn’t want to cause an issue, so I sucked it up and gave her a hug… but hell then she kissed my cheek and said “Thank you… oh thank you so much.”   That was just creepy.  Really really creepy, get out of my personal space creepy.  Obviously since it’s the next day it’s still bothering me.  There I said it, and I have to see this woman frequently but I’m promising myself … no more hugs.  None, nada, nothing.  Ick



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment