Friday, March 1, 2013

March 1, 2013 - Random Thoughts

The girlie is recovering well from her surgery.  She’s stopped asking what had to be fixed, however, she is showing her displeasure by chewing on everything in sight; rugs, floor mats, my hands.  I finally got a clue and stuffed a cookie into one of those weird kong doohickeys.  It keeps her from paying attention to her stitches and other inappropriate chew things for a whopping 15 mins.  I’ll take what I can get.

 

I’ve been good about my diet and exercise this week.  Unfortunately, I discovered today that when I stumble on the whole diet thing, I just plummet off the cliff.  My next goal: stumbling in moderation.  Maybe next time I’ll just plummet into a ditch instead.

 

I’m reading a book that I am supposed to review and I’m struggling to get through it.  It started out a struggle because it’s in PDF format and my kindle makes that font teeny tiny. Then I hit a stage when it’s reminding me of those books you read in Junior High or High School where the language is supposed to be titillating and it is… when you are 13. But as a 48 year old I’m actually rolling my eyes at the book.  Do you know how difficult it is to read and roll your eyes at the same time?  I don’t think this book was written for the young adult audience, I’ll have to check, but that’s the audience I think would like it.

 

So, because I’m reading this one book to get through it I’m reading another as well.  I just finished “Whispering Pines” and now I’ve started “Cinder”



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment