Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24, 2013 - No Snazzy Title


Jury Dury:

I got selected to sit on a criminal misdemeanor assault case, which is a fancy way of saying 2 guys got into a fist fight.  Our job as the jury was to determine if the defendant threw the 1st punch.  Seriously, this is what took 2 days of testimony and 2 minutes of jury deliberation to come down with a not guilty because the only credible witness didn’t see who threw the 1st punch.  Having said that it was interesting to see how the court system works and I’m grateful that it was not for a longer period of time.  I’m not sure I would have survived there were already several times where I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes at the prosecutor when he put on his tough guy act to berate one of the witnesses.  She admitted to lying to the police but insisted that she was telling the truth now.  Picture Law & Order leaping all over that sentiment without the finesse.  “So what you are telling us is you are a liar.”

Do you know what else I got out of jury Duty?  A head cold. Now my head is full of a rainbow of colors that nature did not intend.  I’m using the chicken soup method of recovery.  Eat chicken soup until I flush this cold out of my system.  Well that or I float away.

Working Out:

I managed to go to the gym this morning despite the cold.  It cleared my head for a little while but now I think it’s time for a nap.




Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2013, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment