Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7, 2012 – Off

Did I mention that the puppy started puppy class a few weeks ago?  Well she did.  It’s Jaime and one other puppy Casey.  We’ve been working on Sit, Wait, Down, Drop It, and Leave it.  She does pretty well with Sit and Stay.  Down, Drop It, and Leave It… well those depends on her mood.

Yesterday Jaime discovered her legs and the ability to jump up on things, the chair, the couch, me, and in true superhero fashion that she can go from the couch to the coffee table in a single bound.  Alright I admit that I was startled the 1st time I saw her standing on the coffee table.  That and I wanted to laugh but when you get right down to it, its’ not “that” funny.  I’ve never had a dog stand on the coffee table before. 

Obviously this week the majority of what I say to Jaime is “Off!”  Oddly enough when I say “off” Jaime cocks her head to one side and looks at me like I’ve lost my mind.  Maybe I have, I’ve considered looking up “Off” in German.  Maybe I should just walk around with dog treats in my pockets so that every time I say off I can reward proper behavior.  Although, from experience that means I’ll have two dog noses stuck to my pockets.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having fun with your new family members. :^)

    ReplyDelete