Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8, 2012 – NO!

As predicted by my brother my vocabulary has been reduced to “No” whenever I am interacting with the puppy.  She doesn’t appear to know her name, or the word “No” although at this rate she may think her name is “No”.  What she does know is biting/chewing on things is wicked fun and if she can combine that with biting/chewing on hands she is in heaven.

 

When she is biting my hands I think it would be easier to deal with if she would bit something else at the very least it would be less painful.  Then I realize that if she was biting something else inappropriate it would still be annoying.  Maybe I could just shower in bitter apple spray.  I can’t believe I had forgotten all the puppy stuff that you need to try and teach them is bad.  Chewing Hands.. Bad.  Chewing rope toys… Good.  Chewing Squeeky Toys… Good.  Chewing my jeans… Bad.  Furniture… Bad. 

 

Maybe it’s the fact that she has the attention span of a gnat.  She registers the No but instantly forgets.  When do they start to outgrow the chewing thing?  When will she start to recognize her name?



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I have a paperweight at home.

    "Hello my name is NO! BAD DOG! what is yours?"

    ReplyDelete