Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4, 2012 - Random

Well despite having worked all day yesterday the pictures of the kitchen wouldn't look any different than they did the day before.  Yesterday Bil spent the day putting screws into the flooring in an attempt to "tighten it up" and stop making it sag when you walk across it.  Unfortunately, the floor still sags but not nearly as much as it did prior.  Which means we now have project creep.  Yes we knew that could/would happen because once you get into something inevitably they find something else.  They are going to add additional support to the floor by adding cross beams and strapping it.  Honestly I have no idea what I just said despite the carpenter walking me through the process and explaining in.  I know what I mean, but you'll just have to believe me when I say that since I can't explain it without people getting a quizzical look on their faces.  The gist is, if they don't add the supports the floor will move/flex and eventually crack the tile we want to put down.

What else is happening today?  The appliances are being delivered.  It's early in the project but frankly its easier in my opinion to have them here early versus late and considering they are doing the electrical work for hanging the lights today I figured it would be helpful for the electrician/plumber to see the appliances... just in case we didn't account for something.

Cars... my car is ready to be picked up.  What?  I didn't mention that the last time I was home we ordered a car for me?  We did, a Nissan Altima SL with all the bells and whistles.  I am very excited.

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment