Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012 - Weekend Roundup

The kitchen continues to progress.  Friday late afternoon the tile guys showed up and put down the cement board.  Then Saturday morning at 8am one of them showed up to lay the tile.  While that was happening L and I went to meet a couple of friends for breakfast and then we swung by the place we bought the tile and the granite from so we could pick out backsplash.  By the time we got home the tile guy had put down 3/4 of the tile and I'm sorry to say that we were surprised that the majority of the tile looks much darker and/or has more darker colors in it than the sample we saw and picked from.  In fact I would go so far as to say the enture floor only has about 12 tiles that actually look like the sample.  I've decided that I like the tile anyway despite it not being representative of what we chose, but I can fully understand L's disappointment.  She really does not like the way the floor looks, and it really is not even close to what we thought we picked.

Today the tile guys return and grout the tile, then the schedule says Wednesday they start putting in the cabinets.  I'm hoping the grout brings out some of the lighter colors in the tile and the cabinets help as well.






Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment