Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1, 2012 - The Trip Home


We arrived back in the USA on Saturday afternoon.  I have to report that unlike the trip to Switzerland, Ernie was surprisingly calm.  He really did great on the entire trip.  It was more difficult for me.  In fact at one point I think the American Airlines man, David,  who was helping us may have considered slipping me a tranquilizer.  Speaking of David, he was fantastic and really made the start of the trip as easy as possible.

When we arrived in NYC we had to go through customs and I was expecting that getting the dog back into the country would be more difficult.  Or at least that they would require all sorts of explanations and paperwork.  I'll consider myself extremely lucky that the people we encountered were easy going.  They asked to see the beasts rabies information, which is in his Pet Passport.  The guy looks at it for a minute and turns to the guy next to him and says "Can you read this?"  Me, I'm thinking they are having trouble reading the effective and expiration dates for the vaccine.  Nope they can't read the vaccine sticker.  The other guy says "No I can't read that, its not in english."  So the 1st guy says, "Oh, Ok" and tells me to have a nice day.

Phew.

What else have I learned?  Oh, not only do L and I have jet lag, but the beast does as well.  He's gotten up the last two mornings at 2am to go outside.  However, the 1st morning he wouldn't go without me.  It seems the yard looks familiar but is still a wee bit scary.  Yes, the beast is strange.  Thankfully this morning when L put him out he just went on his merry way.

The benefit of jet lag?  It's amazing how much cleaning you can get done between 5am and 7am.

Today the kitchen renovation begins.

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Home, was going to ask if there was going to be a change in the name or description here but you already handled that one. You can't be that jet lagged.

    BOB

    ReplyDelete