Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012 – Weekend Update - The Bourne Legacy


We went to see the movie The Bourne Legacy on Sunday.   I’ve enjoyed the previous movies and I had high hopes for this one.  Unfortunately, I was disappointed.  The first half of the movie dragged and was primarily made up of shots of Aaron Cross (Jeremy Renner) trudging around in the snow and strangely edited clips from the last movie, The Bourne Ultimatum, to make you think that the events occurring in the current movie were happening in conjunction with the events from the last movie.

Seriously, I already paid to watch the last movie you should have given me a discount to re-watch so much of that one.  That’s not to say the movie wasn’t ok.  It was, but it’s not a $15 movie, it’s an ok $2.99 rental.  The dialogue was boring and sure who watches these movies for dialogue but the action scenes were not that much fun either.

I can sum the movie up as follows:

Snow, Snow, flashback, flashback, run, run, run, flashback, flashback.  BOOM, run, run, Bang bang Boom… Run.

Talk Talk Talk…. Bang Bang Bang… screaming… Bang Bang

Car chase, foot chase, car chase, Bang Bang Bang, flashback, flashback Bang bang, crash.


And yes it was just slightly more riveting than my portrayal.  By the end of it I was wishing Matt Damon would show up and kick the crap out of someone.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, thanks for the warning. And also the play-by-play.

    ReplyDelete