Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012 – Weekend Roundup


My weekend round up is partially a complaint. 

Running:
Meri and I did a long run on Sunday: 10 miles.  Well Meri ran the 10 miles.  I ran 7 and then had to walk/run the rest, intermingled with an occasional whimper.  At one point I also realized that I could walk the same speed that I was jogging so there were enough moments where I did just that to give my legs a break.  None of this is really the complaint portion.  I’m actually really pleased that I was able to do the above and that I’m able to move today without complaint.  Here’s my issue:  2 hours and 6 minutes that’s how long it took us.  2 hours and 6 minutes and all I burned was a 1236 calories.  Seriously, there should be a better reward at the end of that time frame.  At least 1500 calories.  I’m blaming my heart rate for the lack of calories but there is no scientific reasoning behind it.  Although if my heart rate had been higher than the 170 it reached I probably wouldn’t have made the 10 miles.

 
Movies:
We went to see The Dark Knight yesterday evening.  I think the movie was almost 3 hours long.  I enjoyed it.  It was fun.  It would have been a lot more fun if they cut out the entire 1st half of the movie.  That dragged.  Oh and surprisingly I liked Ann Hathaway as Catwoman.

 

That’s pretty much it – a quiet weekend and now it’s back to work




Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment