Friday, August 17, 2012

August 17, 2012 – Books/Reading

Bella Books has it down; they emailed me a coupon for 15% off my purchases.  That might not sound like a lot but it’s better than nothing and I’ll take it.  Now I know they didn’t say “Hey let’s send this coupon to CAB”.   I just got swept up into the mass email and let me say, a hearty “Thank Yew” because yes it did the trick and yes I went right to the site and purchased several books on my: To Be Read List.  I know what I will be doing this weekend, well besides running and working a little.  Who am I kidding, mostly I’ll be reading.  Yea.

I’m actually reading a couple of books right now.  The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson; The Righteous by Michael Wallace; and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

I’m a hairs breath away from abandoning “The Righteous” I’m slogging through the chapters and not really enjoying it.  I keep hoping it will pick up but I also know part of my inability to read it is my inability to concentrate on it. 

Snow Flower I am enjoying, but that also takes a lot of concentration on my part so I keep putting it down and reading something else in between.  Which somehow makes little sense when I say that but makes perfect sense to me and my brain.

The Haunting of Hill House, I really picked this one up because I was curious about how it compared to the 1963 movie “The Haunting.”  In the movie Eleanor has all these conversations in her head which contributes to her seeming off kilter.  In the book she does the same thing, only with more detail.  It’s interesting and it makes me grateful that people can’t hear the conversations I have in my own head.  That would be bad.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment