Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012 - Running... or Not Running


Alright, so I’m supposed to be training for this ½ marathon at the end of September.  Yes the key word there is “supposed”.  I was training diligently but here’s the deal.  We went to the US, and I did run a couple of days, but things were so crazy with running around and getting organized for our return back to the US (Car shopping, kitchen renovation prep… a blog all on its own, flying to Michigan, work)  that I didn’t manage it.  Then we flew back to Zurich and the next day flew to London, and now I’m day 3 back in Zurich and I have to get my butt in gear or there is no way I’ll be able to run this thing.  It’s not like I have a major goal.  I just want to finish the thing and not die.  Well or embarrass myself.  So if at all possible I’d like to be able to slowly jog the majority of it, but that won’t be possible if I don’t get back to running; TODAY.  What’s holding me back?  I know after 2 weeks of not running this is going to be like starting over and I’m a little afraid of starting over because what if I can’t get in shape in time?  Oh yes, I realize the ridiculousness of that statement because if I don’t start running again, it’s guaranteed that I won’t be able to run this thing.  So today, at my dinner break, I’m running, by myself, because I LOVE to run.  Love it.  Love running…by myself….5 miles.  Yes, yes I do.  Ok I don’t but I am going to do it anyway and I’m going to keep telling myself I do love it until I do.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Fake it 'til you make it! Sometimes it's the only way. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete