Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012 – The Breakfast Of Champions

Cold Pizza, Dr. Pepper, and a chocolate chip brownie.  Sure that might not be the breakfast of an Olympian but on this particular Wednesday morning; I can’t imagine a better way to start my day.  Monday evening I met a couple of friends for dinner and lots of laughs.  Last night L and I met two other friends for said pizza and lots of laughs.  All of which makes me even more psyched to be moving back home at the end of September.  The laughs part, while we’ve been in Switzerland I’ve gotten used to being kind of isolated so when we come home it’s like I am in overdrive.  Seriously, I can’t shut up when we are out with friends.  I try but it’s like my brain thinks I may never have another shot a social interaction again so it’d better take advantage while the opportunity exists.  I’ve tried leaving mental notes: “Dear Brain: 8 weeks, in 8 weeks we’ll be home, no need to monopolize the conversation.”

Tonight, we meet with the Kitchen guy.  That’s not his name but he’s the guy we’re talking to about redoing our kitchen.  We talked about doing the renovation several years ago, but then the Switzerland thing came up and we put it aside.  Now the time has come, and the 1956 kitchen definitely needs a facelift.  The kitchen guy came by a few weeks ago to measure and put together a plan, we’ll be checking that out tonight.  Then it’s off to the mini cooper dealer to test drive the Mini Cooper Countryman All4.  Now I know some of you are interested in the Fiat but I can’t help you out with test driving that.  It’s not on my list, but please one of you should definitely drive it – just for the sake of it.  Driving does not have to equal buying.

Oh and in between all of this… haircut, which is both good and bad timing.  Good because I desperately want to finish reading Summoning Shadows by Winter Pennington and bad because I have a ton of work to get done.   On that note: back to work for me.  Happy Wednesday




Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: