Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5, 2012 – Apartment Weirdness

Otherwise known as how I know I’m ready to go home. 

Ok I admit, I often don’t have a clue about what is going on and the proper “Swiss” way of acting.  I do know that I should always be “on time” and polite

Today the property manager was to arrive at 11 to inspect the balcony.   I just assumed that it was part of our leaving the apartment, but he showed up and said he would be back later.  I didn’t have a clue what later meant or why he was suddenly leaving but I was worried I did something wrong and un-swiss-like.  Like maybe being present in the apartment at the time he was to do his inspection.  See it’s that thinking that makes me realize it’s time to go home.  Why the heck should it matter if I’m here or not?

Well turns out that I’m over reacting.  Yes, it’s an American thing.  The property manager showed back up about 30 minutes later with another gentleman and the neighbor from downstairs.  NOW I get it.  They aren’t inspecting the balcony for us.  They are inspecting the balcony for the downstairs neighbor who it seems has been having a water leak for 3+ years.  It seems the problem is that water seeps through or off our balcony into their apartment.  Thank God we just lease this place and the water issue was from prior to our moving in, but man if I were the downstairs neighbors I’d be pissed that it’s taken this long to even try and address the problem.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment