Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012 – Weekend Update

Alrighty so Saturday we flew home to the US for the week.  That 8 hour flight never seems short, although, it is definitely shorter than the flight to South Africa.  I can say that it was not a bad flight, we flew cattle but we were located in the exit row which makes all the difference in the world in terms of comfort.

Sunday:  Do you know that with the impending return home there is a puppy in play?  L, she’s quite the planner and has been patiently waiting for the moment we return to get a new Golden Retriever.  Needless to say she’s done her research and found a breeder that should have a litter in a few weeks which means that a week or so after we officially return the puppy will be ready for, well us.  So Sunday we took a ride to meet the puppy Momma.  She’s really a sweet dog, and thank God she’s small: 50lbs.  I can handle 50lbs.  She’s about the size of Ernie when you take out the fact that Ernie is overweight.  He should be 45 – 48 lbs and I think he’s 52.  Anyway, she was sweet and was very excited to see us but settled down quickly.  I took all of it as a good omen.

What else? I test drove a Nissan Altima.  The sales person is a nice woman.  Ok she looks like she’s in her early 20’s to me but I thought if I said she was a nice kid that would be pushing it.  My sister pointed out afterward that if she is a car saleswoman that automatically precludes where from being “nice.”  We stopped at the dealership on our way to my parents house for dinner, but things were taking too long so we test drove the car to my Mom’s house and the sales woman dropped me off.  That was L’s idea and I found it to be both amusing and highly practical.

Wednesday I'm scheduled to test drive a Mini Cooper Countryman All4.
 

Now it’s time for work.  Happy Monday



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

  1. I am soo glad your flight was awesome! I want to try a FIAT soo bad. My only concern is that the parts would be expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. C: That's funny -- I was going to ask you to try out the Fiat 500 and tell me how it is, because that's the car I want but don't need, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen one around here but I see them all over the place in Switzerland.

      Delete
  3. My friend Em has a Fiat 500 and adores it. Congrats on the puppy!!


    and I used to sell cars... *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeeAnne - is there a job you have NOT had?

      Delete
  4. DeeAnne, I was joking about car salesmen. ;-) And Carol, I notice you didn't mention that I agreed to keep you in traing for your upcoming 1/2 matathon by joining you on a 3.5 mile run.

    Love, Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best sister ever... we should be twins

      Delete