Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 17, 2012 – I’m Such A Girl

I can’t believe I am going to say this: “I broke a nail.”  I broke a nail and it freaking hurts.  You have no idea what a big deal this is, and no not for the reasons you might think.  I used to bit my nails, for 30+ years I bit my nails.  I never managed to stop.  When I was younger my Mom would put that nasty tasting stuff on my nails to try and get me to stop.  Well you know what?  Put your fingers in your mouth enough times and the nasty taste wears off.  Anyway I tried for years and couldn’t manage it.  Then I went on some medication to help the night terrors and discovered what it was like to actually sleep.  Hell I didn’t even know I wasn’t sleeping until I actually was, but that’s another story.  So there I am taking my night terror meds and actually sleeping and a few weeks later I notice “Oh my, I have nails.”  Yep – sleep = no nail biting.

So there I am with nails and I can keep nails; that is until I break a nail.  Then the nail is all rigidity and I struggle with not biting it, then I peal the damn thing and then it’s over.  That nail is done for.  As of this moment I am weirdly adorned with 8 ½ nails.  The ½ is the one I just broke.  If I’m not careful I’m going to be down to 7 nails and that just looks weird.  It’s not even as if I say “Free reign I can bite these now.”  It’s more like I don’t even realize I’m biting them and then they are gone.  Maybe is I wear a band aid. 


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. it does hurt! Sorry! Interesting thing about the sleep and biting nail part though. Can you put a bandaid over it to protect it?

    ReplyDelete