Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 12, 2012 – Music Ramble

I should be telling you something awe inspiring or at least amusing but all I’ve got is that it feels like fall today and I’m cold. 

I can also tell you that I like Carly Simon’s old stuff but that anything more current makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick.  Ok that might be a little extreme but it certainly makes me hit the skip button on my iPod.

Bonnie Raitt: I saw her perform at the Oakdale Theater in Wallingford Connecticut.  It was a fantastic show but I still have to be in the mood for her.  Skip.

Cyndi Lauper: Wow, she’s an interesting one.  Her music covers the gamut but mostly I find it interesting and often toe tapping fun.

The Doors: Do I really need to say anything?  Jim Morrison = Whack-a-do but I like the music.  That and it reminds me of high school when we all thought we were cool listening to the Doors.

Ani DiFranco: I haven’t found anything of hers that I truly dislike but it could be more of a case that even if I don’t like something right off the bat, it grows on me.  I also think if I were to ever sit down and have a cup of coffee with her she’d scare me.  In fact, I put her in the same scary category as Tori Amos.

The Mamas & The Papas – not in the mood and I can never listen to them without thinking about that horrible joke “If Fat Momma Cass had just shared that sandwich with Karen Carpenter they would both be alive today.”  Oye…. Skip.

LeeAnne Rimes: I admit it, I like her.  I like her voice.

Stevie Nicks – Skip, just not in the mood to stop dragging my heart around.

Nina Simon: Damn she can sing.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you delete the awful Carly Simon tunes from your iTunes? Are there occasions where you want to listen to something that makes you want to stab yourself in the eyes? Love, Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete