Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 11, 2012 – Hot Water

As in I’m not in it, but wish that I had access to it earlier.  So yesterday I told you about the workman who showed up to test the water pressure because there is a leak somewhere that effects the downstairs neighbor.  What I got out of our conversation was that something was “Kaput.”

Well this morning I got up and went for a run with Meri (yes two days in a row, it’s a win).  I’m happy to report that I continue to feel better and this was a great start to my day.   However, at the end of the run I was sweaty and stinky.  Seriously there is nothing worse than knowing you smell because well you know it.  Needless to say the 1st thing I wanted to do was hop in the shower.  So of course that is what I did.  Wait did I say there is nothing worse than knowing you are sweaty and stinky?  I take that back, there is something worse.  Hopping into the shower and discovering that the hot water is KAPUT!  I blame the workman, I do!  If I knew who the heck he was and how the heck to yell at someone in German I’d have hunted him down.  Fortunately for all parties I was forced to think rationally and look for the one off water switch.  So this is what I figured out while wrapped in a towel.  I’ll apologize for any of you who may have gone spontaneously blind with that imagery although if you did you can’t see my apology.  The water shut off that the man said was Kaput only controls the left half of the apartment and there is another well hidden hot water shut off that I finally found and restored the hot water, but come on, if I can figure out that the cold water shut off works on ½ the house shouldn’t a professional figure that out as well?  Lord knows where the other shutoff is, I haven’t a clue but it must be somewhere, but you know what?  I realize I don’t even care.  I’m adopting the “it’s not my problem” attitude.  I have way too many other things on my mind that I need to worry about.  Speaking of, I think I had a minor event last night, I think I swallowed a tennis ball.   Yes, I am very talented.  At least it wasn’t a spider so there was no screaming and running. I’ll have to ask L.


Happy Wednesday



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. how on Earth can you swallow a tennis ball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very talented? I actually have no idea - but occassionally, if I sleep on my back I dream I swallow a tennis ball - and it feels like I actually am - then I gasp awake. Sometimes I dream I die with the same sensation. I basically avoid sleeping on my back and it's a heck of alot easier to avoid than the night terrors

      Delete