Friday, June 8, 2012

June 8, 2012 – Ready for the Weekend

Sunday we’re scheduled to run in a 5K race in Bern.  We got our packets in the mail the other day and I google translated what I guessed were the important parts:  How to get there and that there are locker rooms of sorts available for changing.  What I haven’t figured out is WHEN we have to get there but I’m assuming because there is a special train from Zurich at 9:14 and 9:40 that either of those would work.

Unfortunately, I think the forecast is for rain.  I’m good with overcast then it won’t be too hot, but part of my excitement is to wander around and see the event.  It’s apparently quite large and just looking at vendor tents is fun for me.  Not that I anticipate buying anything, but sometimes they have giveaway tchotchke(s).  I have no idea if you need the “s” or not

Anyway, I want to run this race and I have the lofty goal of doing “ok”.  OK defined is, I run the entire race and only stop to walk once.  FANTASTIC is I run the race and don’t walk.  I’m all about keeping goals realistic.    

In case you were wondering... this is what it looked like outside this morning. 




It's gotten more gloomy as the day has progressed.  Although I admit I really like the way the sky looked this morning


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best! Run! Run! Run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the race and have a great weekend... Bonne Chance

    ReplyDelete