Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012 – Still Raining

It feels like it’s rained every day for the last 3 weeks.  Sure yesterday we would get 10 minutes of bright sun followed by thunderstorms and then sun again, but at this point I’m actually wishing for a draught.  If I could figure out which part of me faced north I’d look for moss.  Wow, I just implied that I am seriously sedentary.

On the other hand I don’t want to annoy the rain gods and somehow I keep thinking if the weather her has been so horrendous maybe when we are on vacation next week, the weather will be nice.  I do not want to be touring these cities in the rain.  PLEASE NO RAIN

Today Meri and I started our ½ marathon training.  She found the perfect training plan for me.  Run 3 miles or 36 mins, then run 4 mins walk 2 mins, run 4 mins, walk 2 and repeat.  Apparently the training plan is for people who just want to finish the race and aren’t worried about setting world records.  Me, I just don’t want to die.  I can do this.  I keep chanting to myself “I love to Run” assuming that it might eventually stick.

For the moment however, all I can think about is the fact that I want to take a nap.  No napping in my future. 

Happy Tuesday



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: