Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012 – Update


I successfully completed the 5K race this weekend.  I did walk a couple of times but not once did I fall to me knees, start crawling and beg for death.  I finished in 33:26 (that’s minutes not hours), which I am extremely proud of, a little less proud when I looked up the time of the woman who completed the 10K race.  She completed the 10K in 35:41.  I’m making a wild assumption here that either someone was chasing this woman with a loaded weapon or they hung a pack of Swiss chocolate just outside of her reach because there can be no other explanation for running that fast.

Tomorrow I start training for a ½ marathon in September.  Obviously there is something wrong with me.  Meri my neighbor wants to do this and I’m willing to give it a try.  I think the mental aspect is the most difficult for me.  I’m hoping if I chant “I love running” enough times I start to believe it.

What else, oh one of the moving companies is coming by this afternoon to complete the survey of what stuff they have to pack up and ship.

Finally I went to the bank this morning to order money.  Wouldn’t that be great if you could just want into a bank like and say I want $1000 and poof there you have it.  Sure technically you can, but you have to have money there that is already yours.  It’d be cool if it was magical and just appeared because you asked nicely.  Kronna and Rubles, that’s what we need for our trip next week.

Next week we head to Stockholm, hence the Kronna, board a cruise ship and head to Helsinki, then Saint Petersburg (Rubles), with a side trip to Moscow, then to Tallinn, and finally back to Stockholm.  I am VERY excited about this trip.  Let’s hope the weather is nice.



Well time to work.  Have a good Monday


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the race and on your amazing time! I am taking a cruise to the Bahamas in August and wow do I want to switch trips with you. Your destinations are fabulous! Have a blast.

    ReplyDelete