Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012 – Book Review – Snowbound by Cari Hunter

Snowbound by Cari Hunter

Publisher: BoldStrokes Books
Intrigue/Thriller/Romance

ISBN13: 9781602826175E


Product Description from The Bold Strokes Website

"The policewoman got shot and she’s bleeding everywhere. Get someone here in one hour or I’m going to put her out of her misery."

An ultimatum that forever changes the lives of police officer Sam Lucas and Dr. Kate Myles.

When heavy snowfall isolates the small English village of Birchenlow, a violent robbery shatters the community. Taken as a hostage and stranded with the increasingly desperate criminals, Sam is seriously injured during an ill-fated escape attempt. Already struggling to save the lives of the villagers caught up in the raid, Kate volunteers to walk straight into the lion’s den. Cut off from help, with only each other to rely on, Sam and Kate must find a way to fight the odds and stay alive if the growing attraction between them is to survive.”


Review:
4 ½ Stars out of 5

First let me admit that I had been avoiding this book.  I’ve read the book description a couple of times and it’s never really grabbed me.  Then I hit period where the books I’ve been attempting to read just haven’t been keeping my attention so I took a break, but the online book group I am a member of selected this as the May book.  Yet, I still wasn’t thrilled.  Let me openly apologize to the author now:

***********
Dear Cari,

Snowbound was an excellent debut book.  I downloaded the book Sunday night, couldn’t put it down and finished it Monday Morning before I had to go to work.  I’m fairly certain I can give you credit for getting me out of my reading slump.  Thank you, especially since watching TV in German is not really an option.

Sincerely,

CAB  - a new fan
***********

There were even times when I found myself laughing out loud at some of the dialog between Sam and Kate.  Apparently fighting to stay alive can result in some witty repartee between characters.  Well, that or I just find certain strange situations amusing.  Regardless I really enjoyed the book and I’m hoping to see what comes next for this author.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment