You should have seen the beastly boy when I put the bike on the balcony and set up my trainer doohickey. I think he thought it was some sort of game that he could get in on, because he kept doing that crazy dog thing where they lower their head and push their butt in the air wagging their tail and the little bubble appears over the head that says “Play with me, come one play with me… I want to play” and then when you ignore them for 30 seconds they bark. Yes that was the beast this morning as I tried to keep his face and tail away from the spinning wheel. I love the beastly boy but I’m not entirely sure he’s the sharpest knife in the drawer or that he recognizes the danger of wagging his tail too close to the spinning spokes of a tire.
Did I mention that when we returned to Switzerland after the last trip home I brought with me my “Guided Meditations for calmness, awareness, and love” CD? Obviously I have never listened to this thing considering how calm I always am, but I’m thinking maybe I can use it as a type of self-hypnosis to get me to be more dedicated with my working out, alone thing. In the meantime I have been bringing P!nk with me on my runs, but I discovered today that running to the following songs can be quite entertaining:
· Goody Two Shoes – Adam Ant (I blame him for my leather pants fetish)
· The Logical Song – Supertramp
· Straight On – Heart
· Get Back – The Beatles
· Freak of Nature - Anastacia
· Respect – Aretha Franklin
· Alcohol – Barenaked Ladies (when I first heard this band I couldn’t remember their name and kept calling them “Totally Naked Women”)
· Sin Wagon – The Dixie Chicks
· One Week – Barenaked Ladies
· Free Your Mind – En Vogue
· Imaginary - Evanescence
· Barracuda – Heart
· Next contestant - Nickelback
Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.