Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012 – Update

The Beast

The beastly boy is home safe and sound.  I picked him up yesterday and he spent a good portion of the day bringing me his squeaky toy.


Jet Lag

My sleep pattern is a mess and it’s kicking my arse.  Although, I have to admit that I’m consistent.  I was so tired Tuesday evening that I slept like the dead.  My mistake was that after coming home with the beast I was so tired I fell asleep and didn’t wake until 2.  Needless to say last night I dozed from 11 until 2am and then I was wide awake from 3 until 6am.  So yes, you guessed it.  I fell asleep this morning at 9 for 4 hours.  I actually tried several times to get up but couldn’t.  This is the flip side of my sleep disorder.  If I fall asleep, really asleep, while “napping” it’s extremely difficult for me to wake up.  There’s never a night terror when you need one.


Other Things While we were home in CT

We went to see The Hunger Games.  I wasn’t sure I wanted to see this movie having read the book.  I’ll say that I liked it and they did a pretty good job sticking with the story.

On Good Friday, we went to NYC to see Ricky Martin in the play Evita.  He’s the narrator and he did a great job and the play was fun.  I was a really surprised that I disliked the voice of the woman who was playing Evita.  I’m certainly no expert and maybe she was just having a bad voice day but whenever she had to put a lot of emphasis behind what she was singing I wanted to cringe.  Ok I did cringe.  Her voice sounded fine at normal tones/volumes, but again when she was belting it out her warble would come to the forefront and she would almost screech.

The other noteworthy thing, the last time I saw the play I don’t recall them portraying Evita as quite the, shall we say, “woman of loose morals”.  The again maybe I was too young to have a clue that all the men traipsing through her door with babbles meant anything other than men like to give her gifts.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are both had safe travels. Amanda went to see Evita with her mom, and she had the sub sing the evita role...the sub had a gorgeous voice. Hugs to the Beast!

    ReplyDelete