Friday, March 30, 2012

March 30, 2012 – Reconnected

I don’t think I realized how much of my time is spent on the internet until I wasn’t able to get connected.  Sure I’ve gone on vacation and stayed away deliberately but this is the first time in a long time that I can remember not being able to connect and it wasn’t a choice.  Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty.  I work from home, for a company in the US, that requires I be able to connect to the web.  We communicate almost exclusively over the internet and I communicate totally thru the web.  My desk phone is an IP phone with a US number, we talk through email, IM, google talk, and goto meeting.  Suddenly I felt like all those people who can’t make change at the cash register because it doesn’t tell them how much change to return.  Alright, that’s an exaggeration.  I’ve worked a register in my youth and I can in fact make change.

My neighbor Meri was fantastic and let me use her office, that is until she lost her internet/phone yesterday afternoon.  Then I headed out to Starbucks, bought the world’s most expensive cup of hot chocolate (10chf) which alleviated any guilt I might have of sitting in Starbucks for 5 hours using their wifi.  Fortunately, when I got home last night we were back up and running.  My ass may be padded but those chairs in starbucks are not nearly as comfy as my office chair.



In other news:

L and I head home for Easter tomorrow, the beast is off to camp, and I’m excited to see the family.


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment