Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28, 2012 - Damn The Swisscom

No phone... no internet.  Yesterday we lost our connection.  I don't think I realized just how much of my day is spent on the computer/internet working and otherwise until I was not able to connect and was supposed to be connected.  It's seriously difficult to work from Switzerland for a company in the US when the internet is down.  Turns out that if you are a Swisscom customer and live in this REGION you are screwed and they don't know how long it will take to correct the problem.

Where does that leave me, and how am I typing this?  Well my neighbor Meri is not a Swisscom customer and she is letting me use her office.  So right now, I really wish I had my camera because I am sitting at a 2 year olds table and sitting in a teddy bear chair with a green face (the chairs face not mine) typing away.  Sure I could sit at the adult desk but then my laptop wouldn't reach the electrical outlet and its not nearly as uncomfortable as it looks or sounds.  In fact I'm a little amused by it and I may even have to buy my own set of table and chairs for my office.

There is no end in sight for the internet problem so it looks like for the next couple of days I am going to shift between Meri's house and Starbucks in Zurich to try and get my work done.  The timing isn't totally bad because next week we are in the US and unless Murphy makes a visit - we have internet there.

Happy Wednesday

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete