Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012 – Weekend Update

It would seem that like a vampire I have unconsciously been avoiding mirrors all winter.  Lo and behold on Saturday, while stepping out of the shower, I caught of glimpse of myself in the mirror.  I say it was just a glimpse because if it was a longer look I might have had to pluck out my own eyes.  It was not a pretty sight.  Sunday I took a trip into Zurich and renewed my gym membership.  I am too young to have old lady arms.

Since I took the trip into Zurich, and it was such a beautiful day, I took the opportunity to walk by the lake. 

I don’t think locking this bike actually helped or if this was the state of the bike before it was locked that the lock is even necessary.

 
I also saw this little guys with the crazy sharp eyebrows


Oh and then there was this guy....  who I enjoyed watching walk the elastic tight rope thingy.  He was drawing quite the crowd.  I think it was a toss-up between who was watching because he was walking he thing as it bounced around and who was watching to see his muscles move.




Then his buddy gave it a try.




He got on the thing and managed to stand up, which was impressive… but that was it.  He fell right off when he tried to walk.


Oh and I discovered that there is a definite benefit to not understanding what people are saying to me as I walked back to the train station. Some young men stepped infront of me to stop me from walking and as made several what I can only assume were less than pleasant comments based on the demeanor.  I, on the other hand, got to use my “I haven’t a clue what you are saying face” as I stepped around them.  Let me say that face is the next best thing to saying “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.”  Although the face is faster, takes less effort, and allows me to keep moving without really engaging in conversation.   



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Cool pictures. I need to hit the gym myself...need to shed 30 pounds and this stress need to be gone too from my shoulders. Nice weather ther

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd break my neck if I tried to walk on a tightrope - better to watch others:)

    ReplyDelete