Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012 – Weekend Update

 Let me just say that the weekend was chuck full of adventures. 

Saturday I took the train to the tram, by myself, and went to sihl city.  What pray tell is Sihl City?  A Swiss Shopping mall.  My headset gave up the ghost on Wednesday and I needed a replacement.  Now I was smart enough to bring the old one with me so when I got to Media Market and found out the girl at the info desk really didn’t understand English I was able to mime/show and tell what I needed.  Language barrier?  What language barrier.

Then as I was leaving the mall, a young man walked up to me handing me a rose and saying something in German.  Loosely translated I’m pretty sure he said “Excuse me, you are the most beautiful and sexy woman I have ever seen, please accept this rose as I worship at your feet.”  Well, that’s the translation I’m running with and not “Hey we’re doing a promotion for the film Valentine, have a rose.”

Oh, and I also captured an entire warren of bunnies…. They were small so I felt no guilt in eating all of them.  I did share with L.

Saturday evening… this is where things got really exciting.  Hey get your minds out of the gutter.  Shortly after I went to bed … and fell asleep… there was a “BOOM” and then the windows rattled.  Of course this triggered a minor night terror so I followed the boom with a small scream of my own.  Turns out, there was a minor earthquake 4.2 on the Richter scale.  Btw who the heck was Richter?  Sure you Californians wouldn’t bat an eye at that but me I’m from Connecticut where we have earthquakes that you have to read about in the newspaper to even know happened.  That’s how I like my earthquakes.  This one happened so quick I have no idea if there was any real shaking.

What else?  Sunday was a quiet relaxing day.  L headed out to Dublin, then she is off to London, then back home and we are off for vacation.  5 days… 5… yeah.




Happy Monday



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad it was a minor quake and you both are safe. Happy V day to both!

    ReplyDelete