Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012 – Planning

I just realized that there are only 6 more days until February.  Now most people are nit as fond of February as I am, although I could name a few.  Why might you ask am I thrilled about a short on days, dreary, cold weather month?  It’s the month I was born.  When I was younger I would get psyched about the week of my birthday, there’s just something about it that thrills me.  The getting older thing; it’s good.  When I look back every year since I turned 25 has been better than the prior year.  Yes there are moments and some long stretches during the year that don’t even come close to qualifying as being ok, but overall: Really good years.

I also have to admit that after I turned 43 the anticipation of my birthday has waned a bit.  The excitement of the actual day itself has been missing.  It’s just sort of felt like another day.  This year however, I am taking a page out of my brother’s girlfriends’ book.  You see, “A” celebrates her birth month.  Now I can’t celebrate the entire month because then my pants really wouldn’t fit, but I certainly can plan a “To Do” list for the month of February, things just for me.  Little mini adventures. 

That’s my goal for the next couple of days, to put together a list of things I want to do during the month of February, but I also don’t want it to be too specific that way if I divert a little I don’t have to be disappointed.  Maybe I just need a “have a mini adventure” every day kind of goal, with a few specifics thrown in.  I think I like it.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Our birthday week was always the same week as winter vacation. That's why it was so exciting. Do you remember all the times we went up to West Barnett, Vermont to visit Aunt Jean & Uncle Gip, Kerwyn & Minou? All the fun we had snowmobiling? I loved winter back then. Love, Your Favorite Twin Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an awesome idea. I tend to forget about my birthday, especially when I worked in retail, since I am a december girl, the holidays kept me soo busy I couldn't afford to think birthday. I enjoy mine now :-) Can't wait to see the list

    ReplyDelete