Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10 – Book Reviews – Sort of

There are two books that I have been struggling to read for the last 6 months or so:

Annabel by Kathleen Winter
Transition by Chaz Bono


Annabel by Kathleen Winter
Early in the spring I started reading Annabel by Kathleen Winter.  I got to the 1/2 way point and thought my brain was going to melt.  There’s nothing wrong with the writing but it’s slow and there is nothing about the characters that intrigue me.  As a result, I put this book down assuming I would get back to it at some point.  Well now I admit that’s not going to happen.

Transition by Chaz Bono
The other book is Chaz Bono’s “Transitions” I really thought this would be interesting.  I was wrong.  Again I got about ½ through and we’re only to Chaz being 14 years old and I want to stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick.  Maybe it’s gets better later on, but I’m never going to know.


I don’t hate these books but I sure as heck don’t like them.  Actually if my choice really was stab myself in the eye with a sharp stick or finish these books I could probably finish them.  Maybe..


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2012, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment