Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011 – Weekend Update


I finally caught up on some much needed sleep this weekend.  It was that or I was going to have to make up some excuse for the dark circles under my eyes.  I considered the following:

“I got into a fight with an elderly lady in the grocery store.  I thought I was saying “Excuse me I need to get past you.”  When in fact I said “Entschuldigen Sie mich Ihnen große Kuh” which apparently means: “Excuse me you big cow”  Those Swiss have a mean right hook.

Of course the few people who know me here, would know that was a big fat lie, that yes I can say excuse me, but that’s about as far as it goes.  So sleep was the best option.

Saturday evening L and I went to her secretary’s apartment for a Raclette party.  Raclette is a cheese that gets melted and then poured over potatoes or bread.  It was just the three of us and we had a very nice time.  I may not completely fit in with the Swiss but at least I have two critical things down:  I like cheese, and I like chocolate.

Sunday I went for a short run but primarily it was a quiet relaxing day.  I started reading Jodi Picoult’s book “Sing You Home”.   I’m enjoying it, and if all goes as planned I’ll have a review in the next day or so.  Let’s see what else?  L had to head out last night for a quick trip to Dublin, but she’ll be back this evening and fortunately I slept last night with all the windows closed because I had a minor night terror that resulted in me screaming.  You’d scream too if you thought a spider that was the size of a dinner plate landed on your face.  How does that qualify as minor?  I didn’t leap out of bed, I didn’t fall on the floor, I didn’t try to run anywhere, and I was able to go right back to sleep.  See, minor.



Happy Monday!


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment