Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011 – Caffeine and Sugar High


Really is there any better way to bring the month of December to a close?  I didn’t think so, although that isn’t really my excuse for the breakfast of champions: Peanut M&M’s (aka Peanut M und M’s) and Iced Tea interspersed with an occasional Coca-Cola. 

Like clockwork last night, or should I say this morning I woke up at 2am and could not fall back asleep.  I finally gave up at 3 when I was annoying myself.  It’s bad when you annoy yourself, what’s next a full blown self-argument?  Who would win?  So I found myself up at 3am watching Lost Girl on internet, all the while knowing I would have to be up by 7am and working by 8am to upgrade a clients’ production database during their off hours.  I finally went back to bed at 4am and of course Murphy joined the party this morning when I woke up and it was 8am.  Opps.  A quick run to the grocery store for food and yes, caffeine, I was at my desk and working by 8:45.  Hey it was still 3am at the client site so no harm no foul.

I just finished the upgrade and documenting the process, now I desperately need some tylonol and a coke, because my official day is just beginning.  Oye

I’m going to make this a good day for myself.


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I was up at 2 am too.... must have been something in the air.

    glad you were able to get your upgrade done! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete