Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011 – December… When Did That Happen?

That’s not a complaint in the least, I just don’t know where all the time went and in another couple of weeks we’ll be flying home for a visit.  It also means that we’ll be starting the whole darned tax thing over again *shudders*.  Let’s not think about that.

So last night at 9:30 our doorbell rings.  It’s our downstairs neighbor Meri and her son Alex.  Meri baked a pumpkin pie and brought it to us.  Yes, you read that correctly.  She baked a pie and wants us to try it before she bakes another one.  You might be wondering how this happened?  Well a few weeks ago she asked me if I knew how to bake a pumpkin pie so I gave her a receipe but then we couldn’t figure out where she would find canned pumpkin.  Sure she could have found an actual pumpkin and gone through the hassel of cooking it etc but that’s WAY too much work for a pumpkin pie.  In my opinion.  So one day I was in town and went into the speciality grocery store and came across a big can of Libby’s pumpkin.  I think I may have mentioned this previously, but that can of pumpkin that would have cost a maybe 2 bucks in the US cost me and arm, leg, and the promise of any 1st born children.  Expensive is an understatement and had I realized how expensive it was, I wouldn’t have purchased it as the “fun” purchase I intended.  Then the quest for finding ground ginger and nutmeg was on. After much searching Meri found those on her own.

Anyway, that can of pumpkin I gave Meri will actually make 2 pies, and I had teased Meri that we wanted a piece of the pie… not the entire pie.  So last night she showed up, left the pie with us and instructions to tell her honest opinion.  Being a virgin pumpkin pie gal, I can’t compare it to anything but I did taste it and it was good.  L is more of a pumpkin pie connoisseur and agreed that it was very good, but she has instructed me to find whipped cream so she can top it with that.

My next goal is to give ½ that pie back to Meri – we can’t eat an entire pie.  Ok we CAN eat an entire pie, but that would be bad so we really can’t.   

Just some additional randomness:


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment