Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23, 2011 – Workout

Have you ever watched The Biggest Loser? I’m always amazed when they contestants have their first workout and inevitably one or more people throw up.  I always end up wondering how bad do these people have to feel to actually throw up when working out.  Then I wonder, how long have they been working out before they actually throw up: is it hour 1 or hour 6 because that might make a difference.  Well today I came as close as I care to in understanding just what might make someone throw up while working out.  Although, I can’t imagine that I was really exerting that much energy.  I went for a casual 2.5 mile jog and then I met Olivia for a workout.  After a min of jumping rope and wanting to cough up I lung I was left to ponder how the heck I was able to skip rope as a kid on the playground as if it was no effort at all.  Then we moved to a series of lung like things, squats, different lung thingies, chest press, triceps, and then she broke out the flat metal flexible bar that you’re supposed to shake while raising your arms over your head and back down again.  I admit it.  It broke me.  I said a not so silent prayer to the heavens that somebody anybody rescue me.  Where’s a fire alarm when you need one?  Olivia actually heard me and asked me to explain what I had just said.  I told her I made a plea to God to make it stop.  She thought I was kidding.

Do you know what’s really sick and twisted about all of this?  I would do it all over again tomorrow… well maybe the day after… just to prove to myself that I could do better next time.





Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. smile, and you will do just that bit better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete