Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28, 2011 – Nutella


Over the last couple of years quite a few people have encouraged me to try Nutella, especially peanut butter and Nutella.  My reaction has always been the same.  Why on earth would anyone want to eat hazelnut spread? 

Well when we went on our road trip I decided what the heck, let’s give it a whirl (besides L suggested I would like Nutella as well).  So I made a couple of peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches for the ride.  Now I’d like to report to all of the people who have suggested I try it.  A pox on you!  Nutella doesn’t taste like hazelnut anything.  It’s CHOCOLATE spread.  As if I needed one more delivery method of chocolate into my system.  I am officially addicted to Nutella and peanut butter.   Seriously, it’s like eating peanut butter cups for lunch and getting to pretend it’s a sandwich.  Originally I bought the small jar but once that was gone I graduated to the big jar of Nutella.  At least I haven’t gone to the extra large jar.  Have any of you eaten a peanut butter and Nutella wrap?  I have.  Did I mention a curse?  Damn you all, if I hadn’t already started running more consistently prior to this new… problem… I would certainly have had to now.

I’ve even decided to introduce my friend D to Nutella, I’m thinking the next dessert 1st night we have we can put Nutella over icecream.



Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Good thing is too that you can find it in the stores here in the US...
    I used to be addicted to French bread and Nutella.... or crepes and nutella...
    Does not help that I grew up on the stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Nutella on a spoon? That's how I like it. Love, Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like nutella too. I am in the on french bread or direct on the spoon camp....


    Good news I know I have food you can eat at my house at all times now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually sell Nutella!

    The Nutella manufactured in the States is not exactly the same as overseas - and it is not nearly as good. It's illegal to import it here but if you find your way over to 18th Ave in Bklyn., those folks manage to get it over. How can you tell it's from overseas: One way is it's sold in a glass jar while America has only the plastic container. Another way: TASTE IT. Oh my goodness, there is no comparison in my book.

    Also, I make Nutella Crepes. mmmm

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete