Before we came to Switzerland I used to work out 2 or 3 times a week. I’ve had been doing that consistently for more than 10 years. Sure some of the reasons were:
- I like to eat and working out allows me that luxury.
- It’s a good stress reliever and helps keep my night terrors under control
When I don’t work out I have more aches and pains,
especially in my shoulders. Crazy I
- Cold pain is not a problem for me, hot searing pain, I’m a big baby.
- Nurses and Doctors get very upset with you when you explain you’ve taken 20+ Advil in the course of the day and it’s not touching the pain.
- Ice packs are your friend.
What was I saying? Oh right, while we were on vacation walking around, I was experiencing an unpleasant yet mild version of discomfort; a HUGE clue that I need to do something about my not working out with weights.
Well the lovely L occasionally works out with a woman named Olivia. I’ve met Olivia a couple of times when I have gone running with the two of them. She seems very nice. We made contact and today I am happy to report that I went to see her and we did a series of exercises that should strengthen my shoulders as well as a bunch of stability exercises. Hey if my mind can’t be stable at least some part of me can be. It felt really good, but oh my lord am I weak. Weak Weak Weak. I hate being weak, but that’s what 18 months of lazy gets me. Oh and to make it an extra productive workout I ran to the session 4 miles. The last mile was walk/run but I made it in a decent amount of time. Sure once Olivia and I started working out I thought I might throw up, but it passed. The feeling passed, I didn’t actually lose it.
Really this is just a long winded way of saying I feel good today and I’m pretty proud of myself.
Happy Friday Everyone.
Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.