Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31, 2011 - A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

I'll count my blessings that Mr. Rogers is not in the neighborhood.  He was kind of annoying.  Enough of that.  The sun is out, the temperature is beautiful.  I took a little time this morning to sit on the balcony and read a little bit.  Yes, I am back on a reading bender and working my way through a bunch of new books.

I've also been running more consistantly and I feel better physically and mentally.  When I stop exercising I "know" that I mentally feel better when I am exercising but I don't fully realize it until I start up again.  It's difficult to explain but it's like a mental sigh of relief coupled with an emotional hug.

My sister is still taking cold showers.  No, not for that reason.  The house is still without power after hurricane Irene.  On the hurricane scale it wasn't that big, but to put it blunty Irene was a bitch.  Apparently there is no ETA for my sister and power.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets restored soon.  Even the most saintly can only stand so many icey showers.

Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. At least she has water! When you have a well, no power = no water :-( I'd go back to the Cape but this darn job keeps expecting me to show up!!

    ReplyDelete