Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3, 2011 - Bullets/Reading

Not the kind you fire from a gun.  I left those at home with Dad.  I figured he could take them out and show them some attention now and then.  Hmmm.. maybe next time I am home, I'll take them out. That could be fun.

Wednesday.. what happened to Monday and Tuesday?  Heck what happened to June and July?  Do you remember being a kid and thinking that the days just dragged along?  I do, I also remember my grandmother telling me to be careful what I wished for because when I got older the days would fly by.  I did not understand that statement at the time.

I've been reading alot of fanfiction lately.  Some of these people write incredibly well.  Unfortunately, I've gotten hooked on a series of novels (there is really no other description for them) and I've realized that the likelihood that the person(s) writing them will finish the last two in the series are slim to none.  I hate that, but hey they aren't getting paid so I guess I should be grateful I got to read the 1st 4 "books".

I also finished reading:
Firestorm by Radclyffe
The Best Defense by Carsen Taite and
After the Fall by Robin Summers

I should right reviews but I'm feeling like my reviews are wasted.  So I'll just say they were very good and I'd recommend them.

Now I'm reading "Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali" - it's her life story and I'm finding it interesting but can't just sit down and read it.  I think it's because my mind wants something a bit easier/entertaining after all day with data conversions.

I've also given up on attempting to read "Containment by Christian Cantrell"  I am sure there are people out there who will love this book.  Heck I thought I would enjoy it.  At this point I've decided stabbing myself in the eye with a sharp stick would be easier than finishing this story.  ... No offense.  I don't think they have that as a part of the rating guide on Amazon.


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can find something light to entertain you. I think I can empathize with your problem. I have so much trouble finishing books these days, even when they are good. I am also less likely to pick up fiction now than some kind of reference book or biography. To think, in my youth I planned to be a writer!

    ReplyDelete