Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26, 2011 – Brownies and the Cleaning Lady

One really has very little to do with the other except that they are both on my mind.  The cleaning lady is here and the beast and I are locked in my office to give her a fighting chance to get the place clean before the boy sheds more hair onto the floor.  Wow that’s a long sentence.  If I don’t lock him up with me, he follows her from room to room.  I’m fairly certain he is just “supervising” the cleaning and not really begging for another treat.  Yea, I know… treats win.

Brownies, I should have just given in this morning and made the batch of brownies I wanted to make when I had time to make them.  I can pretend that this was the plan, don’t make the brownies in the morning and when my willpower is at its weakest I don’t have time.  Alas that would just be happenstance and my waistline thanks me.

Did I mention yesterday that I am not enjoying the fact that there is a Hurricane heading towards our home in CT.  Yes, that statement makes it seem like the hurricane is hell bent on hitting just our home but you know what I mean.  I can’t help but want to make sure everything is ok with the house and kind of wish that I was going to be home to keep an eye on it.  Now, I realize that my wonderful sister will be there and frankly there isn’t anything that I could do that she won’t do.  I just don’t like being out of control.  I had the same issue with all the snow this past year, although, I was also very pleased to miss out on all the shoveling (sorry Sis).  Anyway, there are no trees in our yard so barring flooding or flying objects the house will be fine.

Weekend plans… I’m not entirely sure what the weekend will hold for us.  I do know that Küsnacht is having a carnival in town with kids rides and foodstuff.  Last year we wandered thru and it was fun just watching some of the people.  No doubt we will make an appearance just to look around and grab some sort of carnival fair.  (Another good reason to stay away from brownies today)

Happy Weekend!


Copyright © C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. The house will be fine. Daddy secured the gas grill to the deck railings and there's nothing else outside that could get blown around. No worries. Love, Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete