Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011 – Weekend Update

I know you have been waiting with baited breath to find out how L and I spent the weekend.  Ok maybe you weren’t really that concerned but I’m telling you anyway.  No surprise it rained, so we went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 …. In 3D.  I highlighted that last part because we did not realize when we arrived at the theater that the movie was in 3D.  Which made an already expensive outing all that more expensive, but hey I am now the proud owner of Harry Potter Special Edition 3D reusable glasses. 



Fine, that’s my own designation for them but how else am I to refer to them?  We got them at a Harry Potter movie.  They MUST be special.  Oh and they are oh so attractive.  Fortunately they are large enough to fit over my normal glasses, but please do not wear them as sunglasses… they have no UV protection.  OK Who would wear these glasses as sunglasses?  Seriously, they are not attractive.  Oh fine, sure there are some people out there that would wear them.  Oh so the movie, I enjoyed it.  I’m not sure what added benefit the 3D effects provided but there was one scene where a couple of the death eaters looked like they were floating in the theater itself, but for 50chf I want a death eater to sit next to me and feed me popcorn.  Well, maybe not a “death eater” but you get my drift.

While we were in the city and there was a break in the rain we also took the opportunity to go see the giant spider sculpture at the end of Lake Zurich.  I didn’t have my camera with me at the time but I made a special trip back on Sunday to snap some picture.  Ok let me just say right off the bat.  The 1st thing I thought when I saw the spider was:  “This is an almost perfect rendition of what I see during my mid-level night terrors”; all joking aside, seriously.  I also say “mid-level” because on those few instances when I have had a severe night terror (pre-medication) I don’t see a spider at all.  I’m just terrified out of my mind and need to get away from… something.  Those are the times when I have actually run and woken up on the other side of the house.  Anyway, here’s the sculpture.  It’s actually pretty cool/creepy; whomever created it even incuded “eggs” in the sack hanging down.  Gross.







© C.A. Bailey 2010 2011, All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. That is cool, I can imagine someone new to the city stumbling across that at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spiders!... Shawn and I haven't seen HP part 2 as of yet, but I can promise you I won't be seeing it in 3D... I love HP, but I absolutely HATE snakes..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok that is scary..for someone like me who is petrified of spider...this will haunt me...:-)

    Why would anyone make a statue this big? Does it have a significance for the lake?

    wow...and this is stone...big...huge
    Going to see the Harry movie tonight, I can't do 3D nor Imax, i get migraines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only question is "why?"

    WHY?

    ReplyDelete