Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19, 2011 – Marshmallow Treats

This afternoon I used the ingredients our friends sent us and made Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Treats.  First let me point out that Fruity Pebbles don’t look anything like pebbles.  Somehow I was expecting tiny round cereal thingy’s but no that is not the case.  They kind of remind me of Special K, only colorful and highly sugared.  I can’t imagine how this actually qualifies as a breakfast cereal.  Dessert maybe, breakfast food.. no.  Heck Frosted Flakes have less sugar flavor (IMO).  So I made the marshmallow treats, but the recipe (yes there is an actual recipe) calls for a greased foil lined pan.  What does that mean?  Was I supposed the grease the pan and then line it with tin foil?  Line the pan with tin foil and then grease the foil?  It makes no sense to me so I went with a greased pan, no foil.  We may never get those treats out of the pan.  Oh and if you don’t hear from me tomorrow, we got the treats out of the pan and I slipped into a sugar induced coma.




© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I think you were supposed to line the pan with foil and then grease it. I don't remember ever needing foil whenever I made Rosie's delicious Sweet Marie bars. I think you'll be fine. Love, Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete