Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011 – A Request

Ok I need some book recommendations; I’m willing to read almost anything.  Mysteries, Thrillers, Crime, Romance, SciFi….


This is when I miss bookstores, walking in and seeing all the covers and titles. 

I’ve just finished J. Carson Black’s Laura Cardinal Series and I am currently reading “The Shop”

In my “to read” queue are:

Liquid Fear by Scott Nicholson
Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
Wild by Meghan O’Brien
 

Those three should get me through next week but after that I am at a loss, so suggestions please..



© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

7 comments:

  1. Did you read the Hunger Games trilogy? It was good and now they are making the first one into a movie.

    Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. This is my favorite book of the past couple years.

    The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - another excellent one.

    Room by Emma Donoghue. It was good but unusual because the narrator is a five year old.

    Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay was good but the ending was a little predictable.

    The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom - I loved this book.

    And then there's the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood books. I think I sent you most of those.

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over on Good Reads is my list. Almost all are in eBook form so should be easy to get. And if not I can forward you some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara - thanks, I'll put those on my list. I found two of the Hunger games ones that you gave us. Who is the the author of the Sookie/True Blood ones. I might find them in thw stuff you sent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bob - yes, I took a look at your list and picked up three new SciFi ones based on your review. It's also why I picked up Robopocalypse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The author of the Sookie books is Charlaine Harris. But you'll need to check the internet to see what order they go in because you really need to read them in order.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Fun Home by Alison Bechdel. Anything by Augusten Burroughs is great. Right now I'm reading Stiff by Mary Roach and Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain) again. Lit by Mary Karr is also a good read.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Greg - I'll add them to my list

    ReplyDelete