Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011 – When Bad Things Happen To Good People

That was the title of a book I read in college.  I think it was for one of the many religion courses I took.  I have no idea what made me think of that just now, except I was thinking about the batch of brownies I made yesterday and how poorly they came out.  Lessoned learned: there is a significant difference between butter and margarine in the brownie making business despite the box saying in German that margarine is an acceptable substitute.  When bad things happen to good brownies?  Maybe that’s what made me think of the title.  Who knows.  I think the book was going on about free will and the gist was “stuff happens” we deal with it.  Then again I could be wrong it was at least 26 years ago, maybe 27.  Lord I’m getting old.

I actually have a bunch of things that followed this thought but it started to get all up in the church and my recent ire with Archbishop Dolan in NY so let’s just leave it at that.



© C.A. Bailey 2010 2011, All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the brownies :-( But have a safe trip home. I can't wait to see L :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i grew up we only had margarine..what is the difference? what did it do to the brownies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the brownies.... I think that your title fits... you are the good person and the bad thing was the bad brownies....

    ReplyDelete