Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22, 2011 – Exciting News and Care Packages

Personally I think care packages fall under the realm of exciting news but they are in fact two distinct things.

Yesterday the postman came by and rang our buzzer.  I tried to get to the buzzer in time, but it’s just as well I didn’t.  All things considered, on those few occasions I’ve managed to hit the speaker I end up speaking in English and the person downstairs is speaking in German and we have no idea what the other is saying.  We also have my last buzzer experience which resulted in me meeting the Swiss version of Jehovah’s Witnesses. That was fun. 

Anyway, the postman gave up on me and left a slip that we had a package that I would need to get at the post office.  Now I had no idea who would be sending us a package, we hadn’t ordered anything and typically we only get bills here and those are in L’s name.  Needless to say I was very curious.  So this morning off I go to the post office.  Turns out we have a rather heavy box from our friends L&M.  They are the couple who came to visit us earlier in the month.  I called my “L” to see if she wanted me to wait to open the box.  Fortunately, she knows me well enough to know that my curiosity is killing me.  Thankfully I am not a cat.  What’s in the box?



I didn’t understand the Fruity Pebbles part of the care package until I read the card.  We’re supposed to make Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Treats.  I think we can manage that.

Thanks L & M!!!!



**** random thought **** I am totally addicted to Adele’s CD 21



Ok back to our regularly scheduled program....


Other Exciting News:

L heard today that we got tickets to some of the events for the 2012 Olympic Games in London.  Yes I know it’s a year away, but it doesn’t make it any less exciting.  We entered the lottery a month or so ago.  We knew that there wasn’t a great chance that we would get tickets for any of the track or cycling events but we got tickets to see Hockey (Field Hockey) which I am over the moon about. 

Have I ever mentioned I played Field Hockey in HS?  I did.  My friend CS got me to play our freshman year.  They were trying to get enough girls to play so they could put together a JV team.  I seriously considered NOT playing because you had to wear a “skirt”.  CS explained that it was not a “skirt” it was a “kilt”  (I’m not sure that it passed as either of those things the 1st two years we played).  However, running around with stick thwacking balls and knocking over opposing players (another story) seriously made up for the kilt thing.  I think out of all the sports that I played that is the one that I miss most often.

Anyway as it stands we have tickets to see a couple Field Hockey Matches, Basketball (womens), and Volleyball.  Yeah!

© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

5 comments:

  1. lots of exciting news today! I've always wanted to attend the Olympic games, looking forward to some more great stories and photos....ps, I prefer the cocoa krispies to fruity pebbles...once a chocoholic, always a chocoholic I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Adele but she makes me sad. She is sad that her boyfriend broke up with her, even though she was the bread maker and he didn't work, but in the interview she said that she would give anything to be with her boyfriend again. Seriously? is it me, or people who have money should be surrounded by people who help her..or something of that sort. I guess 21 is the same rich or poor.

    Nice on the Olympics...:-) take pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... awesome news and GREAT friends!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT sugar fest is way tooo much! Do you want some sugar on your monosaccharides ? You are creating the ultimate diabetic doomsday.!
    Sorry, but I had to come out of the closet. I feel need to run for an hour just looking at that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL well we would only be creating the ultimate diabetic doomsday if we (a) were diabetic (b) actually mixed all those ingrediants together and ate them all at once.

    ReplyDelete